Sunday, April 6, 2014

Lenten Reflections: Fifth Sunday of Lent


"And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:7

Peace be with you! 

"Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John Lennon


Peace is not something that is easily obtained in the world today. In many ways, peace is a priceless commodity because without it, nothing in our lives has any value. When we experience peace, nothing can shake us. When peace is not to be found, we wonder if it even exists.

Peace be with me?

We usually choose a fickle peace; a peace built on circumstances. We offer it on Sunday morning, and sell to to the highest bidder on Monday. We usually choose self-peace.    

God's peace is all encompassing. Self-peace is isolated. 

God's peace surrounds us like being submerged in the ocean. Self-peace comes from wading in to the knees. 

St. Patrick knew the all encompassing peace of God, for he reveals it to us when he prayed....
 
May Christ shield me today.
Christ with me, Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit,
Christ when I stand,


Amen

No comments: